The Fuzion Pro X5 ‘complete’ is an entry level stunt scooter. A model that comes complete out of the box with just a few bolts to tighten. As opposed to some pro scooters where you purchase the individual parts to create a custom scooter, which many advanced riders choose to do. The Oakland California based company markets this model as the perfect scooter for kids getting into doing stunts and tricks and more pro style scootering. This makes it a great scooter for kids in the 8-13 year old range who are looking to up their scooter game.
- Warranty: 6 months
- Return Policy: 30 days
- Weighs: just 7.4lbs
- Max weight capacity: 220lbs
- Great for: kids 8-13 years old
- Skill: Beginner to intermediate
Fuzion Pro X5: What You’ll Get
- 100mm metal core wheels: The scooter will come with 6061 aluminum core polyurethane wheels which are much more durable than standard scooter wheels. This model can accommodate 110mm scooter wheels if the rider wants more speed in the future.
- Patented Forks: Their own patented FAZE reinforced fork design with an IHC compression system (Internal Hidden Compression). Many pro style scooters have this compression system which is hidden inside the fork making it strong and a smooth ride.
- Nylon/Steel Brake: The rear fender brake is a hybrid of both steel for strength and durability, and nylon, making it much quieter when the brake is applied.
- Aluminum Box Shaped Foot Deck: The foot deck is 20” x 4” completely covered with anti-slip grip tape, and made from 6061 “Aircraft Grade” aluminum. The ‘aircraft grade’ is a bit of a marketing ploy. While it may be aircraft ‘grade’, you are unlikely to find this type of aluminum on any commercial aircraft. However, this type of hardened aluminum is well liked in the manufacturing field for its strength combined with it’s weldability. You’ll find it used in many car parts and things like Scuba tanks and boats – yacht strength just doesn’t have the same ring to it.
- Composite rubber hand grips
The Fuzion Pro X5: What Type of Kid is it good for?
The Fuzion Pro X5 is a great entry level pro style scooter if your kid is wanting to go to the skatepark and learn aggressive jumps and tricks. A great value pick as it’s priced at the lower range of the pro scooter spectrum. It’s strong enough and light enough to handle aggressive tricks, however, with 100mm wheels out of the box, it may not be as fast as they would like. The Fuzion Pro X-5 can accommodate a 110mm scooter wheel aftermarket for a bit more speed and ground clearance if you choose. However, it won’t be as fast as the pro scooters with 125mm wheels.
What to Love: ✓ Value for Price ✓ Strength & Durability ✓ Color Options
Fuzion Pro X5: Ratings
Overall Rating: 4.2 /5 on Amazon at the time of writing, with 65% of reviewers giving the Fuzion Pro X5 a 5-star score.
The majority of reviewers gave the Fuzion Pro X5 5-star reviews identifying the quality of the build, fresh colors and value for the money. There were however some that mentioned a rattling noise even after everything was tightened down. Some had issues with the fender brake being quite stiff and taking quite a bit of force to apply the brake. Like any product, some reviewers seem to have received defective products which broke after a few uses. However, many reviewers also commented on receiving excellent customer service from Fuzion.
Do you own this scooter? Tell us what you think!