The Original Micro Mini Scooter is one of the most popular kick scooters on the market, and the Swiss manufacturer’s highest rated scooter for kids aged 2-5 years. The company is known for their ‘lean to steer’ method in which kids intuitively lean left or right to steer, helping with the development of their coordination and balance. This award-winning model, also known as the “mini kick” is a three wheeled scooter with a quality build and all parts are easily replaceable. Having two wheels in the front and one in the back, make the kicking motion free and easy. It has a flexible fibreglass reinforced deck which is low to the ground for greater stability, and non-marking polyurethane wheels. With thousands of excellent reviews, the Micro Mini Original scooter is definitely an ideal scooter for the beginner. This model has been beed recognized with multiple awards including ASTRA Best Toy Award 2014, Tillywig Top Fun Award 2014, Parents’, and many others.
- Warranty: 2 years
- Weight: 4.2lbs
- Weight Capacity: 44lbs
- Great for: kids aged 2-5 years
- Skill: Beginner
The Original Micro Mini Scooter is Available in Multiple Colors
The Original Micro Mini Scooter: What You’ll Get
- Non-Marking Wheels: The Micro Mini scooter comes with high-quality, clear polyurethane scooter wheels which are non-marking, great for those youngsters learning indoors. The front wheels are 120mm, and the rear wheel is 80mm for greater control, and roll smoothly on any surface.
- Flexible Fibreglass Reinforced Deck: The foot deck is low to the ground deck making it easier for the little ones to kick. It is also very flexible to absorb bumps to keep the rider balanced and safe.
- Lean to Steer: The technology the company is best known for is the ‘lean to steer’ method. Kids intuitively lean left or right to steer and guide the scooter. This helps further develop balance, coordination and motor skills while they scoot.
- Fully Replaceable Design: Every little part of the Micro Mini scooter can be ordered separately and easily replaced. Perfect to help the scooter last and hand down to another kid, or sell in the future.
- Removable T-Bar: This version of the Micro Mini scooter, the Original, is not a foldable design, nor is it adjustable. However, the T-bar is easily released and reattached with the clock of a button, making it a good scooter for travel.
Original Micro Mini Scooter: What Type of Kid Is It Good For?
The Micro Mini Original is excellent for children aged 2-5. With the lean to steer feature, it is probably the best kid friendly scooter on the market. Whether your toddler wants to ride it inside the house or outdoors when the weather is nice, the model offers a smooth ride on all surfaces. The low deck clearance means that your kid can easily hop on and off, and being just over 4lbs, it’s super easy for them to carry around.
What to Love: ✓ Lean to Steer ✓ High-Quality Construction ✓ Replaceable Parts ✓ Lightweight ✓ Lots of Color Options
Original Micro Mini Scooter: Ratings
Overall Rating: At the time of writing, the Micro Mini ‘Original’ has a sparkling 4.7/5 rating on Amazon with 87% giving 5 stars.
The majority of reviewers who giving 5-stars loved that the smooth wheels that spin freely and performs well on both concrete and asphalt. Others liked that their toddlers can easily carry the scooter and note that it’s surprisingly quiet. Some reviewers mention how this model is very user-friendly and note that it didn’t take long for their little ones to learn how to ride the scooter. However, there were some who noted that the brakes on the Original Micro Mini scooter came off easily. Some of them wished that it came with an adjustable handle (if you’re looking for a adjustable Micro mini, try the Micro Mini Deluxe). Some also pointed out that the Micro Mini Original scooter cannot be folded, however, the t-bar can be removed with the click of a button, and there were some reviewers who noted that it was a bit on the expensive side.